IAA Community Art School
All the educational art programs, including the art workshops,
|RESOURCES FOR INSTRUCTORS||RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS|
|Web / Marketing Request Form||IAA Class / Workshop Feedback Form|
Current Classes & Workshops
Basic Art Classes in the
IAA Community Art School Program
Open Art Meetups
The goals of the IAA Community Fine Art School: An educational resource center for fine art education in the Irving Community.
- Develop fine art classes that introduce students in the Irving area to the basic skills of fine art.
- To provide quality art instructors and art instruction with organizational classroom
- To interact with the community in providing and developing interactive fine art programs.
IAA Community Fine Art School Programs:
- Basic Adult Art Programs are scheduled 9 months out the year. Classes are scheduled in month-long blocks meeting 4 Thursday evenings a month for 2-hour sessions. Each month focuses on a different media or technique. Instruction is FREE, but beginning in
September,2019, there will be a $10 materials fee per monthly class. For the annual schedule, click here.
- Spanish Speaking basic art discovery classes are scheduled 9 months out of the year. Classes are scheduled twice a month generally on the 3rd and 4th Wednesday evenings for 2-hour sessions. Each month completes a different project. For the annual schedule, click here.
- Workshops are scheduled throughout the year, usually on Saturday. Workshop instructors are local and regional artists. Workshop fees are charged by the instructor to the student and vary depending on workshop topic and length. For announcements, click here.
- Community Outreach Art Programs are organized in the Irving community to deliver interactive fine art learning experiences at the request of various community organizations; for example, the Art Attack programs through the Irving Public Library and the Holiday Cards and Crafts Workshops through the Irving Arts Center.
- Open Art Nights are every Friday night during the year. Open Art Nights have various art discovery programs on Friday night, 7-9. Instructors organize the event and advertise the event on Meetup.com.
- Tuesday Painters Group meet every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. – no instruction given – bring your own supplies and work on your own painting (feel free to bring a sack lunch; oil painters, please use odorless turps)