Monthly member’s meetings are usually held on the 1st Sunday, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (Sept. – June) and consists of 3 types of meetings that happen on a rotating basis. Be sure to see schedule below for specifics. Guests are always welcome.
The types of meetings are Roundtable discussions where members can learn of opportunities and give feedback or suggestions of what they would like the association to offer. Demonstrations from local artists in a variety of media and styles. And Meet & Greet gatherings where members get to know each other through facilitated yet casual conversations.
Note: Each month members should bring one of their artworks by 1:45 p.m. to participate in the “Artist of the Month” competition. The winning artist is awarded a prize and artwork is displayed in the Gallery until next monthly meeting. As always all gatherings are better with food! Please bring a snack to share.
- Sunday, January 27 • 2 pm – Roundtable Discussion about the exciting changes for IAA and what members can expect in 2019.
- Sunday, February 3 • 2 pm – Demonstration – Jane Kahler will give a free Oil Painting demo.
- Sunday, March 3 • 2 pm Meet & Greet – This time includes facilitated yet casual discussion in groups of 6-8 for 45 minutes and then opens up for a time for general conversation and networking.
- Sunday, April 7 • 2 pm Roundtable – Discussion about opportunities for members to participate in IAA events and give feedback about what members expect from IAA.
- Sunday, May 5 • 2 pm Cinco de Mayo Reception and Celebration – A free Latin-themed demonstration will be offered.
- Sunday, June 2 • 2 pm Meet & Greet – This time includes facilitated yet casual discussion in groups of 6-8 for 45 minutes and then opens up for a time for general conversation and networking.
- July – August no meetings
- Sunday, September 8 • 2 pm Meet & Greet – This time includes facilitated yet casual discussion in groups of 6-8 for 45 minutes and then opens up for a time for general conversation and networking.
- Sunday, October 6 • 2 pm Roundtable – Discussion about opportunities for members to participate in IAA events and give feedback about what members expect from IAA.
- Sunday, November 3 • 2 pm – Demonstration – TBA
- Sunday, December 15 • 2 pm – Christmas Party – Holiday Potluck
- Tuesday, January 23 • 7pm – J.C. Phrey – Mixed Media Painting
- Sunday, Feb. 18 • 2pm – Katrina Doran – Mosaic free demo (hands on after workshop $10) http://doranstudiomosaics.com/
- Tuesday, March 27 • 7pm Junanne Peck – encaustics http://junannepeck.com
- Tuesday, April 17 • 7pm Teta Smith – Abstraction http://tetasmithart.com/
- Tuesday, May 22 • 7pm Navneeta Khemka – Tanjore Art Demo- Gold foil & colored stones
- Sunday, June 10 • 2pm Reception & Awards for 63rd IAA Members Juried Exhibition
- July – August no meetings
- Tuesday, September 25 • 7pm Painting Face Off
- Tuesday, October 23 • 7 pm Justin Burns, a Golden Paints lecture and demonstration
- Tuesday, November • 7 pm Sharon Giles, Marbling on Paper
- January 24 Bob O’Brian – Caricatures bobobrian.com
- February 28 Gail Delger – Acrylic Abstract www.gaildelger.com
- March 28 Steve Miller – Oil Landscapes www.stevemillerstudios.com
- April 25 Sara Joseph – Polymer Clay www.christian-artist-resource.com/
- May 23 Sharon Serrago – Going from Realism to Abstraction
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 7pm IAA Member Art Experience – acrylic pour and two other art experiences.
- Saturday, Oct. 28 – Art Tour of Strokers Dallas
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 7pm Sudeep Kumar: Urban Sketching
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm Christmas Party – Holiday Potluck