The Irving Art Association’s mission is to promote the recognition of Irving as a center of artistic endeavor . We accomplish this by educating artists and the public in the visual arts by programming lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, workshops, classes, and critiques. Also IAA promotes development of young artists through awards, scholarships, classes and now an annual Youth Exhibit.
New in Summer 2017! IAA is participating in Irving Farmers Market at the Irving Arts Center. Held on 1st, 3rd & 5th Saturdays from 8am -2pm.
New in Fall 2017! We are offering art classes for children. See the Children’s Art Program page.
- Jan. 31, 2017 DEADLINE for Scholarship Applications for high school seniors majoring or minoring in art . See the Scholarship page.
- Mar. 26 – May 5 Celebrate Irving Exhibit: Public is invited to enter artwork. FREE.
- April 2017 Awarding of $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school student to pursue art education at the Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibit Awards Reception. See the Scholarship page.
- May 2017 IAA participation in the Dragon Boat Festival and the Taste of Irving
- July 4 IAA participation in the 4th of July Parade
- Sept. 16, 2017 IAA participation in Irving’s Main Street Event in downtown Irving. Free art activities for the public. Volunteers needed.
- Oct. 1- 27, 2017 YOUTH & FAMILY ART EXHIBIT. Free to enter – for ages 0 – 24.
- Dec., 2017 IAA Christmas Card & Art Workshops at the Irving Arts Center. Free art activities for children: making christmas cards, face painting & other crafts. Dates: 1st Friday evening, and first three Saturday afternoons.
Activities open to the Community:
- Coloring Book Night on the first Friday of every month at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). All ages welcome. FREE! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- FREE Basic art classes for adults to get you started in art or in a new medium. A series of free classes in different mediums. For dates and registration, see the Free Basic Art Classes page.
- Art classes for children. See the Children’s Art Program page.
- Art demonstrations: As an educational nonprofit, IAA’s monthly meetings are open to the public. For a schedule of demonstrations see the Meetings & Demonstrations page.
- Free exhibits for the public at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts and the West Irving Library.
- IAA’s Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP) puts art in local businesses and libraries.
- FREE Painting Groups / Art Activities open to the public, including Tuesday Painters, Open Art Friday Nights, and Open Art Sunday For more information see Painting Groups.