The Irving Art Association’s mission is to promote the recognition of Irving as a center of artistic endeavor. We accomplish this by exposing artists and the public to the visual arts by programming lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, workshops, classes, and art activities. IAA coordinates with several city groups and institutions, including the Irving Arts Center, the Irving ISD, the Irving Schools, Foundation, the Irving Public Libraries, Irving Heritage Society, and many more.
Our educational programs have been reorganized into the IAA Community Art School.
- January: Scholarship Applications for high school seniors majoring or minoring in art. See the Scholarship page.
- Spring, usually March or April. Celebrate Irving Exhibit: Public is invited to enter artwork. FREE. In conjunction with the Irving Heritage Society.
- May: Awarding of $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school student to pursue art education at the Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibit Awards Reception. See the Scholarship page.
- May: IAA participation in the Dragon Boat Festival and the Taste of Irving
- May / June: Cosponsor of the prestigious annual Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition held at the Irving Arts Center.
- July 4: IAA participation in the 4th of July Parade
- September: IAA participation in Irving’s Main Street Event in downtown Irving. Free art activities for the public.
- December: IAA Christmas Card & Art Workshops at the Irving Arts Center. Free art activities for children: making Christmas cards, face painting & other crafts. Dates: 1st Friday evening, and first three Saturday afternoons.
- FREE Basic art classes for adults to get you started in art or in a new medium. A series of free classes in different mediums. For dates and registration, see the Free Basic Art Classes page.
- Art meetings & demonstrations: As an educational nonprofit, IAA’s monthly meetings are open to the public. For a schedule, see the Meetings & Demonstrations page.
- Free exhibits and receptions for the public at our galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts.
- IAA’s Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP) puts art in local businesses and libraries.
- FREE Painting Groups / Art Activities open to the public, including Tuesday Painters and Open Art Friday Nights. Held at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. For more information see Painting Groups.