“Mi Corazón” A passionate and eclectic exhibition of creations inspired by the heart.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Curator: Junanne Peck email@example.com
Deadline for Submissions: January 28, 2023
Hand delivered work only: Saturday February 4, 2023 – 10am – 2pm
1975 Puritan Dr, Irving, TX
Gallery Exhibition Dates: February 5 – February 24, 2023
Opening Reception: Sunday, February: 12, 2023 -from 2-4 pm
“MI Corazón”: Using the broad theme of “Mi Corazón” this exhibition will explore the growing impact and influence of Hispanic art and culture in the United States. This gives us the opportunity to express the spirit of the heart, alternately heavy, whimsical, or sentimental.
Sacred hearts, broken hearts, hearts of love, hearts of fire.
inspired by the human heart (Mi Corazón), a significant symbol in Mexican and Latin American art, and a significant theme in western culture.
This call for submission is open to all residents the DFW area. This is an open exhibition for artists working in all traditional and non- traditional 2D and 3D media. All artwork must be original in concept, design and execution. Note: Crafts, kit work or reproductions after original works in other media (such as giclee’s), unless used as part of a mixed media work, will not be considered. Oversize work, assemblages and installations are welcome at the discretion of the Irving Art Association.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES:
All entry fees are non-refundable. Cost of Entry is $15.00 for up to three (3) pieces. Check or Cash No credit cards. On delivery of art.
DIRECTIONS FOR EMAIL SUBMISSION:
All images must be in a .jpg file format and must include, your name, and the title of the work submitted.
- File Size: 350 DPI @ 4″ X 6″ 1400 pixels X 2100 pixels (at least one direction must be maximum).
- Orientation of file: Landscape or portrait.
- Each image must correspond to entries listed on entry form.
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
- Size limitation is 4 feet x 4 feet.
- Actual work must have the signature or initials of the artist on the front.
- Where appropriate and at the discretion of IAA, all work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames or taped edges. Canvases may have neat gallery wrapped edges.
- Work must be wired and ready for hanging. No ceiling mounts or special installation requirements unless agreed to beforehand by IAA.
- A label must be affixed to the back of the work which indicates the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale. Any work marked POR (Price on Request) or NFS (Not for Sale) will not be eligible for entry into the exhibition.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
The content must be of a nature that a public entity can display for the enjoyment of a diverse, family-type audience.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS:
IAA reserves the right to reject work that is late, is deemed unstable upon arrival
SALES and COMMISSIONS
IAA will retain a 15% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Artwork must be removed by the artist, or their agents, on Saturday February 25, 2023 from 10:30 am- 4 pm. Any work not removed during this specified time period will be disposed of at IAA’s discretion.
The Irving Art Association (IAA) is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost during transport or unpacking. IAA will use ordinary care to protect artwork while in our care, custody or control.
USE OF IMAGES:
Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com