Barbara Fryrear passed away yesterday June 29. Barbara was an artist and one of the founding members of the Irving Art Association along with Pete Fernandez, Dot Blalock, Marilyn Chandler and others. It is because of these ladies, the Jaycees and others that we have the Jaycee Center for the Arts. At this time I do not know of any service arrangements.
Her son and daughter-in-law lived with Barbara. That address is1129 French Street, Irving, TX 75061
A memorial service will be held for Barbara Fryrear on Saturday, July 23, at 1pm in the Celebration of Life Center at 1600 Corporate Drive Court. This is off Gateway, near where Corporate Drive crosses Gateway.
There will be a reception in the church following the service.
CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
- July 31 deadline for entry 2016 15th Annual IAA National Animal Art Juried Competition – $25 entry fee for IAA members / $35 nonmembers. Saturday, July 16 or by appt. Help with digital Images and entry $10 by appt, Mark Thompson 214-608-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 30 – UPDATE: Entries closed – drop off your photography (wired for hanging) at the West Irving Library for the 2nd Annual Irving Photography Exhibit call for photography FREE – sorry, we’re full. contact email@example.com. Limit of 3 photos. Open to area photographers.
- July 1 deadline for entry 5th Annual Juried International Exhibition of Contemporary Islamic Art at the Irving Arts Center – INFO
- July 9 & 10 deadline for entry 16th Annual Art Connection Members Exhibition at the Irving Arts Center – INFO
- July 22 deadline for entry State Fair of Texas Creative Arts Competitions INFO
- Exhibit Space/Opportunities: We’re filled for 2016 & 2017. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Remember, free exhibits for the small (west) gallery is an IAA member perk! Exhibit space can be shared with other artists.
- Place your art in Irving locations! Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or email@example.com if you would like to participate in the Corporate Art Appreciation Program. She needs art now!
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations are held on the 4th Tuesday at 6:45pm, September through May. Guests are welcome. note: Refreshments are now served at 6:45 pm; meeting starts at 7pm.
- Sept. 27, 2016 details tba
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- June 26 – July 22 Pete Fernandez Exhibit (large gallery); Laura Griffen Copic Art Exhibit: Explosions of Color (small gallery); Jaycee Park Center for the Arts; Reception Sunday June 26 2-4pm
- June 26 – July 3 TAO Arts Exhibit of Paintings and Flowers; Irving Arts Center; Opening Reception and demonstrations: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 2-4 p.m.
- July 24 – Aug. 26 Brett Dyer Exhibit (East Gallery); IAA Board Annual Exhibit (West Gallery); reception Sun., July 31 2-4pm
- May 29 – July 30 4th Annual 2016 IAA Summer Art Exhibit at the West Irving Library
- July 9 – August 14 IAA Winners Exhibit at the Irving Art Center’s Dupree Lobby, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 (61st Challenge entries will be included)
- July 30 – Sept. 24 2nd Annual Irving Photography Exhibit at the West Irving Library
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org about
- July 2 Henna Art Workshop 9:30 – 12:30. Instructor: Deepa Koshaley. Register. $20 members / $25 nonmembers
- July 6, 20, 27 & August 3 Water Media Painting with VET (Wed., 6-9) REGISTER for this class. Cancelled
- July 8, 6:30-9pm Open Art Friday: detail tba contact email@example.com. For group project announcements, click here.
- July 16 Copic Art Class; contact firstname.lastname@example.org (meets on 3rd Sat.) http://laura-griffin.com/blog/
- July 17, 1:30 – 4pm Open Art Sunday: Tree art with paint drips & splats plus negative painting
– FREE (supply list:acrylic paint, brushes, canvas or paper, tabletop easel, water container, tape, paper towels, plastic tablecloth, apron etc. Pipettes, eyedroppers or spoons can be useful dripping. If you want to use watercolor, bring white & black gouache also.) contact email@example.com. For group project announcements, click here. Video:
- July 24, July 28 & July 30 Pinta Facil Painting Sessions with Zakehia (in English & Spanish) details & registration
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Thursday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Family Night (1st Friday eve.) Sunday Open Art (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
Membership year runs June 1st through May31st.
- Facebook: Like us on the Irving Art Association Page
- Twitter: Follow us via @IrvingArt
- Subscribe to email updates from Irving Art Association:
Click on button or hit enter to subscribe.