|SECTIONS: (scroll down)|
CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
- 2018 Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition call for entries http://texasandneighbors.com $9,000 in awards. Deadline: Feb. 15, 2018. Details TBA. Chair: Linda Shotwell email@example.com
- 2018 Indian Folk Art Exhibit call for entries. Deadline Jan. 10, 2018. REGISTER. Chair: Deepa Koshaley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers needed for the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White:
The Volunteer Services Department is seeking volunteers with a passion for the arts to join the Healing Arts Program providing opportunities to experience health and well-being by bringing literary, performing and visual arts to our patients, staff, and the communities we serve. Volunteers will provide the following services:
–Assist with art exhibitions at the hospital
–Bring an “art cart” to patients and family to spark art-making activities to reduce stress
–Help design materials used for the program
–Play music in the lobby or other areas of the hospital to provide a soothing environment
–Display the artwork created through the program
To learn more about the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White – Irving, or to volunteer for the program, please contact Abha Cole, Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 972-579-8149. Or go to bswhealth.com/irvingvolunteer to apply online. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, 1901 North MacArthur, Irving, Texas 75061 1-800-4BAYLOR
- Irving Farmers Markets 1st & 3rd Saturdays at the Irving Arts Center – for vendor applications visit http://fourseasonsmarkets.com/
CAAP call for more artwork – must be current IAA member. Change out or place your work at Baylor, Scott & White; the Remington in Valley Ranch or the Chateau on Wildbriar Lake. Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Murray at email@example.com if you would like to participate in this Corporate Art Appreciation Program project.
Volunteer instructors needed to share their art skills in IAA’s Friday Open Art Meet-up sessions. Contact Linda Shotwell or Sharon Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations will either be at 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday, Sept. – June, or occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the activity planned. Note: Artists, be sure to bring your entries for Artist of the Month by 6:45; meeting starts at 7pm ( for meetings held at the Jaycee Center). Guests are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 7pm – J.C. Phrey – Mixed Media Painting
- Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018 at 2pm – Katrina Doran – Mosaic free demo (hands on after workshop $10) http://doranstudiomosaics.com/
- Tuesday, Tuesday, March 27 7pm Junanne Peck – encaustics http://junannepeck.com
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- Jan. 7 – Jan. 26 Sharon Serrago Exhibition (East); Ruben Contreras Member Exhibit (West); Reception, Sun., Jan. 21 2-4pm
- Dec. 3, 2017 – Jan. 4, 2018 IAA Winter Art Exhibit. (formerly called the Holiday Art Exhibit) in both galleries at Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Reception: Dec. 12 at IAA Christmas Party.
- Jan. 7 – Mar. 25, 2018 7th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit
- Dec. 3 – Jan. 7, 2018 IAA Photography Traveling Exhibition. At the West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062.
- Oct. 7 – Jan. 2 IAA Annual Traveling Animal Art Exhibit in the Foyer & Halls at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur, Irving TX 75062. (the exhibit has been extended)
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
Register your child for the IAA Children’s Spring Program – dates TBA
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; about
- January 4, 11, 25, 2018 FREE Basic Classes on Fiber Arts Instructor Laura Griffin REGISTER for Fiber Arts
- Jan. 5 Open Art Friday: Acrylic Night – FREE! All ages welcome – contact email@example.com. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Jan. 12 Open Art Friday: TBA – FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Jan. 20 – Copic Art Club . Contact Instructor Laura Griffin to register at email@example.com. http://laura-griffin.com/
- ? – Sunday Afternoon at the Art Gallery. Artists and Irving families invited. Hands-on projects. FREE! 2-4 pm contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan. 26 Open Art Friday: TBA – FREE! All ages welcome – contact email@example.com. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- February 1, 8, 15 FREE Basic Classes on Gelli Printing Instructor Sharon Giles REGISTER for Gelli Printing (acrylic printmaking)
- Feb. 20 – 22 Michael Holter Watercolor Workshop: Bringing Life to Your Landscape
- March 1, 8, 15 FREE Basic Classes on Oil & Acrylic Painting Instructor Jane Kahler REGISTER for Oil & Acrylic Painting
- March 10 Junanne Peck Eco-Printmaking with Texas Plants & Leaves details tba
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (1st, 2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Sunday Afternoon at the Art Gallery (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
At the Irving Arts Center, 3333 North MacArthur Blvd. Irving, TX 75062: BAM! It’s a Picture Book: The Art behind Graphic Novels
At the North Lake College Gallery
NLC Student Photography Show Nov 13 – Dec 7
At the Haggerty Art Gallery, University of Dallas
Drone Bueys: Adam Fung and Nick Bontrager
November 17, 2017 to January 21, 2018
Membership year runs
- Contacts: Office Phone 972-721-2488 – email firstname.lastname@example.org –
for officers go to the Contacts page.
- Latest IAA NEWSLETTER click here
- CALENDAR: Exhibits * Meetings * Workshops
- PHOTO ALBUM – A photo view of IAA events. Email photos to email@example.com
- Join IAA, the most active art association in the metroplex with the most benefits. Time to join or renew: Membership Page.