The Irving Art Association Annual Awards Exhibit is usually held in May or June and occupies both the East and West Galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Entry is open to IAA members only. Awards: prize money and merchandise awards.
2018 63rd Annual IAA Members Juried Exhibition
May 27 – June 29, 2018
Cash and Merchandise Awards
This year we are introducing the category of 3D!
Thursday, May 25, 2018 – Online entry deadline
Saturday, May 26, 2018 10am – 2pm – Deliver artwork (for work entered previously online & also for registration at intake)
Sunday, June 10 – Reception & Awards: 2-4pm
Saturday, June 30 – Strike Date 10am – 2pm
- July 15 – August 27 IAA Winners Exhibit at the Irving Art Center’s Dupree Lobby, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 (63rd Challenge entries will be included)
- Option to travel to the West Irving Library for July 1 – Sept. 30 6th Annual IAA Summer Exhibit
ENTER THE COMPETITION
For information on entering check the Rules as posted in the Prospectus: IAA2018MembersExhibitProspectus
Online Registration ($30 – $5 discount) DEADLINE May 25 – no images required
or Register at Intake on May 26 ($30).
- Must be an IAA member for the 2017-2018 or 2018-2019 dues year. If you haven’t paid your dues, click here.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last three years.
- SPECIAL CHALLENGE AWARD: Cubism
All types of subjects are accepted into the show, but all artists are requested (not required) to enter at least one artwork illustrating the theme of Cubism for the Special Challenge Award. Note: no nudes.
Challenge contenders will also be judged within the media categories and will be invited to participate in the IAA Winners Exhibit traveling to the Irving Arts Center in July.
Categories: Oil Painting; Water Media; Mixed Media/Misc.; Dry Media; Photography; 3D (new for 2018). Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo. Note: for rules on these categories, see the Prospectus.
Artwork must not exceed 36” x 36” framed nor be heavier than 20 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Artwork must be framed and wired. Plexiglas only for work over 16″x 20″ (exception pastels). No saw-tooth hangers. Wrap around canvas or cradled panels at least 1″ deep painted or finished on all sides.
- Competition will be juried for awards. All entries meeting requirements will be accepted into the show as long as there is space.
- Fee: $30 for 1-3 entries online. ($5 discount for online entry& payment) Deadline May 25. No images required.
$35 fee for 1-3 entries at intake on Saturday, May 26, 10am – 2pm.