NOTE: Our apologies, but the city Parks Dept. has closed the building for further repairs and deep cleaning. We assume that the gallery will be open sometime in November but have no guaranteed date. Regretfully, we are canceling our November exhibits. All who have entered will receive refunds
For the Winners Gallery from the 2019 show, click here.
REQUIREMENTS in brief: (see the 2021 prospectus for the complete rules)
Open to all D/FW and surrounding area residents.
▪ All submissions must be the original work of the photographer participating in the show.
▪ Either film or digital is acceptable. For digital images, black and white film and color film images, a reasonable post production allows for adjustments to exposure, brightness, contrast and correction to dirt spots or other flaws in the image. Identifiable excessive post production and/or non-standard (digital art processes) may disqualify the entry from judging with no refund of submission fee. Painted photographs, added digital illustration, or other mixed media will disqualify the entry from judging.
▪ Any subject matter will be considered as acceptable, except nudes, although the Curator of the show, and the IAA Board of Directors reserves the right to disqualify material which could be considered profane or in poor taste.
▪ Submitted works must have been created in the last 2 years (completed after 01 November 2017), and not accepted in a previous IAA Art Exhibit.
▪ Limit of one to three entries per photographer
▪ Finished piece must not exceed 36″ X 36″ outer dimension, and cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
▪ For framing and wiring requirements, see the prospectus. NO CLEATS AND NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS. Back stapled, or gallery wrap stretched canvas may be used, and may be edge-image wrap, or framed.
COMPLETE PROSPECTUS click here
Digital images will be accepted: JPGs or PNGs with 300 pixels per inch resolution and a width and/or height maximum of 1800 pixels/6 inches. Maximum of 3MB. Images should show only the photograph (no frame, easel or background).
Name each .JPG or .PNG file with the photographer’s last name and first initial or name, followed by the title of the photograph or the entry number corresponding to entry number on the form.
Examples: SmithB_GorgeousSmile.png or Smith-Barney-1.jpg
ENTRY FEE (for up to three images)
$25 IAA Members
Submit your entry online with payment via PayPal or a check. No refunds. If you can’t pay through Paypal, bring a check at drop off).
REGISTER (Online entry deadline Thursday, October 28th by 11:59pm or whenever the maximum number has been received.)
▪ B&W FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ COLOR FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ B&W DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
▪ COLOR DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
SELECTION & AWARDS
All entries will be accepted into the competition, with the possible exception of content or size disqualification. Entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Termination of entry submission will be when the maximum number of submissions has been received, or on Thursday, October 28, at 11:59 pm, whichever comes first. Awards will be selected at the discretion of the juror(s). If the photographer is not able to attend the Awards Reception, please notify the exhibit curator, Terry Cockerham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted work must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show through November 24, 2021
▪ Entry Deadline : Friday, October 29, 2021 at 11:59 or whenever the maximum number has been received.
▪ Hand delivered entries : Sunday, October 30, 1 – 4 PM
▪ Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061
▪ Exhibit opens : November 1st
▪ Reception & Awards Ceremony : Sunday, November 14, 2 PM– 4 PM
▪ Exhibit Closes : November 24th
▪ Art pick up : Early pickup Sunday, November 21st 1 PM – 5 PM because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. OR Pick up Saturday November 27th, 10 AM -2 PM
Please use the Registration Form below or go to https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/tfThJ5Bo90ZX5lbdb71zbgea