The class is focused on understanding the very basics of acrylic and collage. And having fun! Good for beginning and intermediate artists. Limited to adults 18+
Dates: Thursdays, October 14, 21 & 28, 2021 7-9 pm. (Oct. 7 class has been canceled)
Location: Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061. — see Directions. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association.
Cost: For the two workshop series: $10 for IAA members; $15 for non-members. Registration required: Click to REGISTER or use the form below. Pay by PayPal account or by debit/ credit card through PayPal (no account required)
Supplies: Bring your own supplies to the first class. The instructor will discuss supplies at the first class.
Basic supplies required:
- A range of colors in acrylics including primaries (red, yellow & blue) and neutrals (black & white etc). May be any type of acrylics — in a jar, tube or bottle.
- A small container of acrylic medium (used for mixing and for glue)
- Inexpensive watercolor or mixed media paper to start with. Small canvases may be used for projects. For collage you can bring scrap paper, tissue paper, old books, dried leaves, onion skins etc.
- Brushes – a few
- water container
- paper towels
- notebook for notes & ideas
- a palette or something to mix on
For questions, contact the instructor Victoria Robinson at email@example.com