The Irving Art Association sponsors numerous art activities in support of its mission to promote visual arts in Irving:
Artist of the Month: A free competition open to all IAA members. Bring your paintings to the Members meetings usually held on the 4th Tuesday evening. Winners will be displayed at the Center for a month and receive ribbons and prizes.
Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP): CAAP program gives its member artists a unique opportunity to display their work in Irving. Venues include hotels, retirement homes, the public library, and other local businesses and institutions. Interested artists or venues can contact CAAP Chairs Frankie Couch (972-255-3468 or email@example.com) or Susan Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demonstrations: Free art demonstrations, and other activities, such as art critiques, roundtables, and Meet and Greets are regularly programmed for IAA member meetings, which are held on the 4th Tuesday evening of the month. Visitors are welcome.
Exhibits: Over 20 exhibits are presented each year at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts or at the Irving Arts Center. IAA-sponsored exhibits are also held at the West Irving Library and the Irving Arts Center, notably the 5-state competition Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition,
Library: The IAA Library offers members a selection of books on art.
Membership: For only $40 per year, you can join the Irving Art Association! ($30 Senior; $50 Family).
- Tuesdays 10:30-3 Tuesday Painters Group (bring a sack lunch; oil painters, please use odorless turps) FREE bring your own art supplies
- Wednesdays 1-4 workshops may scheduled during gallery hours
- Thursdays 7-9 monthly workshop series are presented. They are usually basic courses with low fees.
- Fridays 7-9 pm Meetups. Usually led by an instructor. Various topcs. Instruction is FREE, small supply fee may be charged.
- Saturdays 1-4 Creating Art on Saturdays Group FREE bring your own art supplies
- Artist workshops are scheduled on other dates as announced. Fees are set by the instructors.
Art workshops are sponsored by IAA with artist members and outside professional artists offering free or fee-paid workshops in many media.
The IAA also sponsors free basic adult art classes. Usually held on Thursday evenings, each month brings new media offerings.