May 26 – June 28, 2019
Welcome to the 64th anniversary of the Irving Art Association members annual competition. We’re accepting a wide range of 2D media. We have limited room for 3D art (except for wall hangings), so please check first with the curators (email@example.com) before entering.
Our juror this year will be Fort Worth artist and instructor Ann Eckstrom. Curators are Sharon Giles and Sarah Murphy.
Exhibit Location: both the East and West Galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts.
We will accept entries both online (no images required) and also on May 25, Intake Day. All entries meeting requirements will be accepted into the show as long as there is space. Because you save us volunteer labor, entering online will be $30 – a $5 discount. Deadline for early online registration is May 23 and images are optional also – if included they may be used in publicity.
As in prior years, we will have a Challenge Award for a special theme. This year
Intake day is Saturday, May 25,
For information on entering, check the Rules as posted in the Prospectus:
Online Registration ($30 – $5 discount)
DEADLINE May 23 – no images required
26 May 2019 – 28 June 2019 on exhibit at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts
Online entry deadline:
Thursday, May 23 at midnight
Note: Drop-in entry deadline is 2pm on Saturday, May 25
Delivery of artwork:
Saturday, May 25 • 10am-2pm
Reception & Awards:
Sunday, June 9 • 2-4pm
Saturday, June 29 • 10am-2pm
- Must be an IAA member for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 dues year. If you haven’t paid your dues, click here.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last three years.
- SPECIAL CHALLENGE AWARD: Monochrome
All types of subjects are accepted into the show, but all artists may enter (not required) at least one artwork illustrating the theme of Monochrome for the Special Challenge Award.
- Categories: Oil, Water Media; Mixed/Other Media; Printmaking; Drawing Media; Photography/Digital; 3D. For rules on these categories, see the Prospectus.
- Artwork must not exceed 36” x 36” framed nor be heavier than 30 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Artwork must be ready for hanging — see Prospectus.
- Competition will be juried for awards. All entries meeting requirements will be accepted into the show as long as there is space.
- Fee: $30 for 1-3 entries online. ($5 discount for online entry& payment) Deadline May 23. No images required.
$35 fee for 1-3 entries at intake on Saturday, May 25, 10am – 2pm.