|SECTIONS: (scroll down)|
CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
- Call for art by young artists 0-18 for IAA’s Youth Art Exhibit to be held Oct. 1- 27 in both galleries. FREE to enter and artwork doesn’t have to be framed. Contact Linda Shotwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IAA will again have a booth at the Heritage Senior Center’s Holiday Sale. 4-hour shifts. IAA members may sell their artwork. Dates are Nov. 13-17. Contact Rachel Gregory at email@example.com. You can also obtain a booth for yourself from the Senior Center. Call (972) 721-2496.
- Volunteers are needed for the IAA art pavilion at the Ultimate Women’s Expo at the Irving Convention Center. Sept. 9, 10 – 5and Sept. 10th, 11 – 5. Two or three hour shifts. An opportunity for IAA artists to show and sell their work. Contact Michele Quarton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irving Mall is showcasing local artists by inviting them to create apiece on site. Artists will be able to display other pieces of theirartwork for sale while they work on the piece for Irving Mall. Irving Mall will display a biography, headshot, social media handles and contact information. Additionally, after the work is completed, the art will continue to garner exposure. The artist may also earn promotion on center digital assets including website, email and social media. Irving Mall will secure necessary materials, including canvas. For details contact ANNETTE FONSECA, Marketing Director, IRVINGMALL, 3880 Irving Mall, Irving Mall, TX 75062 email@example.com
- IAA Development Committee Meeting September 21st, 6:45 – 8:30 at the Gallery. Any questions, Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irving Farmers Markets Saturdays at the Irving Arts Center and Heritage Crossing – for vendor applications visit http://fourseasonsmarkets.com/
- Volunteers needed for the IAA booth at the Irving Farmers Market at the Irving Arts Center – held on 1st & 3rd Saturdays – 2 hour shifts 8:00 – 10:00, 10:00 – 12:00, 12:00 – 2:00. Opportunity to sell art & do demos. Upcoming dates: Aug. 5 & 19; Sept. 2, 16 & 30; Oct. 7, 21, & 28. Contact Michele Quarton at email@example.com
- Baylor call for more artwork – must be current IAA member. Change out or place your work at Baylor, Scott & White. Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Murray at email@example.com if you would like to participate in this Corporate Art Appreciation Program project.
- Place your art in other Irving locations! Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in the Corporate Art Appreciation Program.
- Opportunity for volunteer instructors to share their art skills in IAA’s Friday Open Art Meet-up sessions. Contact Linda Shotwell or Sharon Giles at email@example.com.
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations will either be at 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday, Sept. – June, or occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the activity planned. Note: Artists, be sure to bring your entries for Artist of the Month by 6:45; meeting starts at 7pm ( for meetings held at the Jaycee Center). Guests are welcome.
- Sunday, Sept 10th. Reception & Awards for the IAA Annual National Animal Art Exhibit, 2-4pm
- Sunday, Sept. 17 at 2-4pm Meet & Greet
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 7pm IAA Member Art Experience – acrylic pour and two other art experiences.
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- Aug. 27 – Sept. 29 IAA Annual National Animal Art Exhibit
(East & West Galleries) Reception & Awards: Sunday, Sept. 10, 2-4pm.
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
Register your child for the IAA Children’s Fall Program – classes start in October
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org about
- Sept. 1 Open Art Friday: Coloring Book Party – FREE! All ages welcome – contact email@example.com. For group project announcements, click here.
- Sept. 7, 14, 21 Free Basic Classes on Digital Photography (iPhone). Instructor Sheila Cunningham REGISTER
- Sept. 8 Open Art Friday: TBA Supplies required. FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For group project announcements, click here.
- Sept. 9 Paint Club with VET: Daisies ($25) 10-12 am
- Sept. 16 Copic Art Club . Contact Instructor Laura Griffin to register at email@example.com. http://laura-griffin.com/blog/
- Sept. 22 Open Art Friday: Stencil Play Supplies required. FREE! contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For group project announcements, click here.
- Nov. 15 & 16. Painting a path through Creativity Watermedia Workshop (Nemec) – REGISTER
Free Basic Classes for Fall start in September – registration is now open!
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (1st, 2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Sunday Open Art (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
Membership year runs
- Contacts: Office Phone 972-721-2488 – email email@example.com –
for officers go to the Contacts page.
- Latest IAA NEWSLETTER click here
- CALENDAR: Exhibits * Meetings * Workshops
- PHOTO ALBUM – A photo view of IAA events. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join IAA, the most active art association in the metroplex with the most benefits. Time to join or renew: Membership Page.