The 31st Texas & Neighbors Regional Exhibition
APRIL 16 – MAY 14, 2016
The Reception & Awards Ceremony for the 31st Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition was held on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at the Irving Arts Center. Best of Show was awarded to artist Jesse Lane for “Echoes”, a large work in colored pencil. The IAC Award of Excellence went to Steve Quevado for his acrylic artwork “The Melancholy Astronaut.” Over $9,000 in cash was awarded in five media categories to 22 artists.
For a full list of awards see the 2016 TxN Awards List or the Awards page at http://www.texasandneighbors.com/home/2016-award-winners/.
For reception photos of awards, artists, celebrants, and Chocolate Rose floral arrangements in the IAA Photo Album, click here.
The exhibit was juried by Soon Y. Warren and represents works from regional artists residing in Texas and the four surrounding states. It continues at the Irving Arts Center through May 14, 2016. Gallery hours: Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Sunday: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062
Reception Video available soon
Best of Show: Echoes by Jesse Lane (32×42″ colored pencil)
IAC Award of Excellence: The Melancholy Astronaut by Steve Quevedo (24×48″ ink wash on plaster panel)
- The Twirl by Mary Golden-Musick (30×40″)
- Glimpse of Spring by Catherine Hollander (22×30″)
- Red Dot by Lynne Buchanan (24×24″)
- Honorable Mention: Departed Disturbances by Mary Kearney Hull (25×49″)
- The Fragility of Lives & Dreams by Linda Lucas Hardy (20×20″ colored pencil)
- Autumn Reflections by Noriko DeWitt (36×30″ colored pencil)
- A Series of Conversations by Jennifer McCoy (12×48″ charcoal)
- Honorable Mention: Poppy Pod by Katherine Baronet (46×48″ graphite)
- The Journey Home by Laurie Henry (28×40″ alcohol ink)
- Put Your Heart Into It by John James (26×36″ mixed water-based media)
- Putting Her Hair Up by Michael Holter (20×20″ watercolor)
- Honorable Mention: Sweetheart Rose by Debbie Downing (37×30″ watercolor)
- The Vine Walkway by Hebe Brooks (42″x30″)
- Cooling Cloth by Ann Hardy (32×38″)
- Anderson Children by James Anderson (46×36″)
- Honorable Mention: Sunflower II by Behnaz Sohrabian (36×36″)
- Here Among the Most Remote Realm of Ice & Rock by Gisa Elwazir (33×48″)
- Salud by Renate Kasper (20×20″)
- Canyon Sunset by Karin Anderson (38×30″)
- Honorable Mention: Dutch Garden by DebiLynn Fendley (18×21″)