The Irving Art Association
offers free basic art classes for adults to get you started in art or in a new medium.
The Free Basics Classes follow a progressive sequence where you will learn basic skills via instructor demo/lecture — exercise —-practice. The series is designed for beginners to a particular art medium. Expect traditional as well as new and nontraditional materials and approaches.
Registration is open for the Fall 2017 classes
Location: Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, Irving. Held on Thursday evenings from 7 – 9 pm. Doors open 6:30 pm.
Supplies: Basic supplies are provided. Please bring whatever extra supplies you wish to try out. (paint, brushes, paper, etc.). Wear old clothes or bring an apron.
FREE BASIC ART CLASSES
Thursday evenings 7-9 pm at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts
- September 7, 14, 21 Digital Photography Sylvia Cunningham
Description: iPhone Photography – Enhance composition and hone your creative eye as you experiment and have fun learning basic photographic & composition techniques, photo apps and tips & tricks to take better pictures with your phone. Explore ways to photograph your artwork for promotion and social media.
REGISTER for Digital Photography
- October 5, 12, 26 Drawing Instructor Ruben Contreras
REGISTER for Drawing
- November 2, 9, 16 Calligraphy Instructor Angie Vangalis
REGISTER for calligraphy
These classes were held earlier this year:
- January 5, 12 & 26 Acrylic Printmaking with a Gelli Plate Instructor Sharon Giles
- February 2, 9 & 16 Fiber Arts instructor Laura Griffin
- March 2, 9 & 16 Pen & Ink & Calligraphy Instructor Angie Vangalis
- April 13, 20 & 27 Painting – Oil/Acrylic Instructor Jane Kahler (note date change)
- May 4, 11, 18 Spinning & Knitting
instructor Ameda Holmes
- June 1, 8, 15 Watercolor
instructor Beverly Boren
Followup Intermediate Classes to the Free Basic Classes:
Sign up for these fee–based classes and utilize the skills learned in the basics. To register and for more information concerning cost and supplies, contact the instructor offering them.
Thursday evenings 7-9pm
To learn about new classes & workshops, subscribe to email updates from Irving Art Association: