The Irving Art Association’s mission is to promote the recognition of Irving as a center of artistic endeavor . We accomplish this by educating artists and the public in the visual arts by programming lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, workshops classes, and critiques. Also IAA promotes development of young artists through awards, scholarships, classes and now an annual Youth Exhibit..
- Feb. 1, 2016 DEADLINE for Scholarship Applications for high school seniors majoring or minoring in art . See the Scholarship page.
- Mar. 27 – Apr. 29 IAA Folk Art Exhibit; Reception Sun., Apr. 4 6-10pm (East & West Galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts) 2D art only. Hanging date: Mar. 26. Public is invited to participate. Details tba.
- Mar. 26 – May 28 Irving Folk Art Exhibit: 2D & 3D art. Hanging date: Mar. 26. Public is invited to participate. Details tba.
- April 17, 2016 Awarding of $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school student to pursue art education at the Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibit Awards Reception. See the Scholarship page.
- Sept. 17, 2016 IAA participation in Irving’s Main Street Event in downtown Irving. Free art activities for the public. Volunteers needed.
- Sept. 25 – Oct. 28, 2016 YOUTH & FAMILY ART EXHIBIT. Free to enter – for ages 0 – 24. Reception & awards, Sun. Sept. 25 2-4pm.
- Dec., 201 IAA Christmas Card & Art Workshops at the Irving Arts Center. Free art activities for children: making christmas cards, face painting & other crafts. Dates: 1st Friday eve. Dec. 2, Saturday afternoons: Dec. 3, Dec. 10 & Dec. 17
Activities open to the Community:
- Family Art Night on the first Friday of every month at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). Arts and crafts activities for the family. Minimal supply fee, free instruction. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- FREE Basic art classes for adults to get you started in art or in a new medium. A series of free classes in different mediums: Paper Art (January 2016), Fiber Arts (February), and Acrylics (March). New! we now will have Youth Art classes for younger ages (April). Fall classes tba. For dates and registration, see the Free Basic Art Classes page.
- OPEN Art Demonstrations: As an educational nonprofiit, IAA’s monthly meetings are open to the public. For a schedule of demonstrations see the Meetings & Demonstrations page.
- Free exhibits for the public at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts and the West Irving Library. IAA’s Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP) puts art in local businesses and libraries.
- FREE Painting Groups / Art Activities open to the public, including Tuesday Painters, Open Art Night, Open Art Sunday, and Family Art Night. For more information see Painting Groups.