|SECTIONS: (scroll down)|
CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
- Volunteers needed for the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White:
The Volunteer Services Department is seeking volunteers with a passion for the arts to join the Healing Arts Program providing opportunities to experience health and well-being by bringing literary, performing and visual arts to our patients, staff, and the communities we serve. Volunteers will provide the following services:
–Assist with art exhibitions at the hospital
–Bring an “art cart” to patients and family to spark art-making activities to reduce stress
–Help design materials used for the program
–Play music in the lobby or other areas of the hospital to provide a soothing environment
–Display the artwork created through the program
To learn more about the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White – Irving, or to volunteer for the program, please contact Abha Cole, Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-579-8149. Or go to bswhealth.com/irvingvolunteer to apply online. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, 1901 North MacArthur, Irving, Texas 75061 1-800-4BAYLOR
IAA Winter Art Exhibit call for art – IAA members are invited to participate. (A new name – was the Holiday Art Exhibit). The exhibit runs Dec. 3, 2017 through Jan. 5, 2018. Reception will be at the IAA Christmas Party on December 12. FREE to enter. Bring current work or work related to winter or holiday themes. Up to 3 larger pieces or 5 smaller ones on Sat., Dec. 2 from 10am – 2pm. Contact: Susan Murray at email@example.com.Artists in the show are also invited to participate in the 7th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit at the West Irving Library Jan. 7 – Mar. 25, 2018.
- IAA will again have a booth at the Heritage Senior Center’s Holiday Sale. 4-hour shifts. IAA members may sell their artwork. Dates are Nov. 6-10. Contact Rachel Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also obtain a booth for yourself from the Senior Center. Call (972) 721-2496.
- Volunteers needed for the annual Christmas Card Workshops at the Irving Arts Center in December. Slots: Friday, Dec. 8 – Annual Open House 5:30 – 7:30 pm; Saturday afternoons from from 2 – 4 pm on Dec. 2, Dec. 9 and Dec. 16. Contact Michele at Michele.email@example.com to volunteer. Also donate supplies — drop off at the gallery: holiday wrapping, cards, stickers & ribbons.
- Irving Farmers Markets 1st & 3rd Saturdays at the Irving Arts Center – for vendor applications visit http://fourseasonsmarkets.com/
CAAP call for more artwork – must be current IAA member. Change out or place your work at Baylor, Scott & White; the Remington in Valley Ranch or the Chateau on Wildbriar Lake.Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Murray at email@example.com if you would like to participate in this Corporate Art Appreciation Program project.
Volunteer instructors needed to share their art skills in IAA’s Friday Open Art Meet-up sessions. Contact Linda Shotwell or Sharon Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations will either be at 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday, Sept. – June, or occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the activity planned. Note: Artists, be sure to bring your entries for Artist of the Month by 6:45; meeting starts at 7pm ( for meetings held at the Jaycee Center). Guests are welcome.
- Sunday, Nov. 5 2-4 pm Reception & Awards for IAA Photography Competition
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 IAA Meeting 7 pm – demo artist Sudeep Kumar: Urban Sketching
- Nov. 19 Sunday Afternoon at the Art Gallery. Artists and Irving families invited. Hands-on projects. FREE! 2-4 pm contact email@example.com.
- Nov. 19 Create a Mexican Tin Ornament for IAA’S tree in the Irving Arts Center’s Tree Decorating Contests. Junanne Peck will show us how. Supplies provided. 2-4pm
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm IAA Christmas Party – Holiday Potluck
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- Oct. 29 – Dec. 1 2017 IAA Photography Competition. Reception & Awards Ceremony Sunday, November 5, 2-4pm. (East & West Galleries)
- Oct. 7 – Nov. 26 IAA Annual Traveling Animal Art Exhibit in the Foyer & Halls at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur, Irving TX 75062.
- Oct. 1 – Dec. 3- Behnaz Sohrabian Exhibit at the West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062 (near the corner of Rochelle & Esters)
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
Register your child for the IAA Children’s Fall Program – classes start in October
Fall Schedule for 7-10 year olds: Time 2 – 4 pm
Fall Schedule for 11- 13 year olds: Time 2 -4 pm
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; about
- November 2, 9, 16 FREE Basic Classes on Calligraphy Instructor Angie Vangalis 7-9 on Thursdays REGISTER for calligraphy
- Nov. 2, 9, 16 Intermediate Classes on Drawing Instructor Ruben Contreras 7-9pm on Thursdays contact the instructor to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 682-241-0053 .
- Nov. 3 Open Art Friday: Coloring Book Party – FREE! All ages welcome – contact email@example.com. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Nov. 10 – 12 Nancy Medina: Painting Brilliant Florals and Landscapes REGISTER oil or acrylics www.nancymedina.com
- Nov. 10 Open Art Friday: TBA Supplies required. FREE! contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Nov. 11 VET – Paint Club: Sunset Cove $25 REGISTER
- Nov. 15 & 16. Painting a path through Creativity Watermedia Workshop (Nemec) – REGISTER
- Nov. 18 Copic Art Club . Contact Instructor Laura Griffin to register at email@example.com. http://laura-griffin.com/blog/
- Nov. 19 Open Art Sunday: Sunday Afternoon at the Art Gallery. Artists and Irving families invited. FREE! contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Nov. 24 Open Art Friday: cancelled – Thanksgiving weekend.
- Feb. 20 – 22 Michael Holter Watercolor Workshop: Bringing Life to Your Landscape
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (1st, 2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Sunday Open Art (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
At the Irving Arts Center, 3333 North MacArthur Blvd. Irving, TX 75062:
The 6th Annual Juried International Exhibition of Islamic Contemporary Art Oct. 7 – Nov. 12 – Main Gallery
Shafaq Ahmad: Lifting of Veils to Lights of Mystery
September 2 – November 26 in the Carpenter Lobb
BAM! It’s a Picture Book: The Art behind Graphic Novels
September 9, 2017 – January 28, 2018 Dupree Lobby
At the North Lake College Gallery
NLC Student Photography Show Nov 13 – Dec 7
Reception, Tuesday, Nov 14, 4:30 – 6:00pm
At the Haggerty Art Gallery, University of Dallas
Moments, a solo exhibition of works by Rev. Martin Lam Nguyen, C.S.C through Nov. 5. Closing reception/artist talk: Nov. 3, 5-8pm
Membership year runs
- Contacts: Office Phone 972-721-2488 – email email@example.com –
for officers go to the Contacts page.
- Latest IAA NEWSLETTER click here
- CALENDAR: Exhibits * Meetings * Workshops
- PHOTO ALBUM – A photo view of IAA events. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join IAA, the most active art association in the metroplex with the most benefits. Time to join or renew: Membership Page.