The Irving Art Association Annual Awards Exhibit is usually held in May or June and occupies both the East and West Galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Entry is open to IAA members only. Awards: prize money and merchandise awards.
2017 62nd Annual IAA Juried Show
Thursday, May 25, 2017 – Online entry deadline
Saturday, May 27, 2017 10am – 2pm – Deliver artwork (for work entered previously online & also for registration at intake)
Sunday, May 28 1-4pm – Pick up work juried out
Sunday, June 11 – Reception & Awards: 2-4pm
Saturday, June 24 – Strike Date 10am – 2pm
- July 15 – August 27 IAA Winners Exhibit at the Irving Art Center’s Dupree Lobby, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 (62nd Challenge entries will be included)
Misty Oliver Foster
Misty Oliver-Foster is a painter and multi-media artist known for her expressive, layered works. A Texas native, Oliver-Foster attended the University of North Texas, receiving a BFA in 1995 and an art education certification in 1998. She has been featured in numerous exhibits in Texas, and has received many honors including as a Finalist for the Hunting Art Prize (2012), IAA’s Texas and Neighbors Best of Show (2010) and 1st Place in Painting (2009), and Art in the Metroplex (2015). She was recently awarded the first Public Mural Commission by City of McKinney’s Public Art program, which was completed in 2016.
Arts Education is a passion for Misty. She has taught art in public and private high schools, mentored young students considering a career in visual art, served in leadership with local art groups, and shared her knowledge of the arts with other educators and artists. She teaches workshops on the creative process as well as traditional and experimental art techniques. She works from her studio in Frisco, TX. Her work can be found in collections all over the US and in Australia.
For information on entering, check the Rules as posted in the Prospectus:
Optional Online Registration ($25 – $5 discount)
Early Online Registration
Form and Payment (deadline May 25)
or Register at Intake on May 27 ($30).
A quick summary for 2017:
- Must be an IAA member for the 2016-2017 or 2017-2018 dues year. If you haven’t paid your dues, click here.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last three years.
- SPECIAL CHALLENGE AWARD: BIRDS
All types of subjects are accepted into the show, but all artists are requested (not required) to enter at least one artwork illustrating the theme of Birds for the Special Challenge Award.
Challenge contenders will also be judged within the media categories and will be invited to participate in the IAA Winners Exhibit traveling to the Irving Arts Center in July.
Categories: Oil Painting; Water Media; Mixed Media/Misc.; Dry Media; Photography. Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo.
Artwork must not exceed 36” x 36” framed nor be heavier than 20 lbs.
- Artwork must be framed and wired. Plexiglas only for work over 16″x 20″ (exception pastels). No saw-tooth hangers. Wrap around canvas at least 1.5″ deep painted on all sides.
- Competition will be juried.
- Fee: $25 for 1-3 entries online. ($5 discount for online entry& payment) Deadline May 25. No images required.
$30 fee for 1-3 entries at intake on Saturday, May 27, 10am – 2pm.