The Irving Art Association Annual Awards Exhibit is usually held in May and occupies both the East and West Galleries at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Entry is open to IAA members only. Awards: prize money and merchandise awards.
2016 61st Annual IAA Juried Show
April 28, 2016 – Online entry deadline
April 30, 2016 10am – 2pm – Deliver artwork (for work entered previously online & also for registration at intake)
May 1 1-4pm – Pick up work juried out
May 24 – Reception & Awards: 7pm
May 28 – Strike Date 10am – 2pm
IAA Winners Exhibit at the Irving Art Center’s Dupree Lobby, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 (61st Challenge entries will be included)
- July 6 Drop off 9 am – noon
- July 9– August 14, 2016 on view
- August 15 Pick up 9 am – noon
For information on entering, check the Rules as posted in the Prospectus: IAA 2016 Members Juried Exhibit Prospectus
Optional Online Registration ($25 – $5 discount)
Early Online Registration Form and Payment (deadline April 28)
or Register at Intake on April 30 ($30).
A quick summary for 2016:
- Must be an IAA member for the 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 dues year.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last three years.
- SPECIAL CHALLENGE AWARD:
All types of subjects are accepted into the show, but all artists are requested (not required) to enter at least one artwork illustrating the theme of Black & White for the Special Challenge Award.
Artwork must be predominantly black & white. Challenge contenders will also be judged within the media categories and will be invited to participate in the IAA Winners Exhibit traveling to the Irving Arts Center in July.
Categories: Oil Painting; Water Media; Mixed Media/Misc.; Dry Media; Photography. Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo.
Artwork must not exceed 36” x 36” framed nor be heavier than 20 lbs.
- Artwork must be framed and wired. Plexiglas only for work over 16″x 20″ (exception pastels). No saw-tooth hangers. Wrap around canvas at least 1.5″ deep painted on all sides.
- Competition will be juried.
- Fee: $25 for 1-3 entries online. (discount for online entry) Deadline April 28. No images required.
$30 fee for 1-3 entries at intake on Saturday, April 30, 10am – 2pm.