Exhibits are held at our home gallery Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, and also at Irving Arts Center and the West Irving Library. We also offer opportunities at alternative gallery spaces through the West Irving Library and our Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP) at Irving businesses (see below).
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan, Irving TX 75061. Three gallery spaces: East Gallery (large gallery); West Gallery (small); Member Spotlight (in the East Gallery)
Gallery hours: Mon., Wed., Thurs. & Sun. 1-4pm and Tues. 10:30-3:30 pm. Closed Fri. & Sat and City Holidays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve space (next call for reservations will be in early 2018 for 2019 space.)
- Dec. 3 – Jan. 5, 2018 Annual IAA Winter Exhibit
- Jan. 7 – Jan. 26 Sharon Serrago Exhibit (East); Ruben Contreras Member Exhibit (West); Reception, Sun., Jan. 21 2-4pm
- Jan. 28 – Feb. 23 Indian Folk Art Exhibit (East &West); Reception, Sun. Feb. 11 2-4pm
- Feb. 25 – Mar. 27 Jody Rabon Martin Solo Exhibit(East); Steve Danner Member Exhibit (West); Reception Mar. 11, 2-4pm
- Mar. 29- Apr. 27 Celebrate Irving: Regionalism (East & West); Reception, Sun. Apr. 8 2-4pm
- Apr. 29 – May 25 Navneeta Khemkha Exhibit (East); John Lee Hunter Member Exhibit (West); Reception, Sun., May 6 2-4pm
- May 27 – June 29 53rd IAA Annual Juried Membership Exhibit; Reception & Awards Sunday, June 10 2-4pm (East & West Galleries)
- July 1 – 27 Annual Tuesday Painters Exhibit (East); Miniatures Art Show (West) Reception Sun. July 8 2-4pm
- July 9 – Aug. 24 Steve Miller Exhibit (East); IAA Board Exhibit (West); Reception Sun., Aug. 12 2-4pm
- Aug. 26 – Sept. 28 IAA Annual National Animal Juried Art Exhibit (East & West); Reception & Awards Sunday Sept. 9 2-4pm
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 26 IAA Annual Youth Exhibit (East); IAA Open Art Exhibit (West) Reception Sun. Oct. 14 2-4pm
- Oct. 28 – Nov. 23 2nd Annual IAA Photography Exhibit (East & West); Reception Sun. Nov. 11 2-4pm
- Nov. 25 – Jan. 4, 2019 IAA Annual Winter Art Exhibit (East & West);Reception at Christmas Party Tues. Dec. 11 6:30-9pm
West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062 (near the corner of Rochelle & Esters)Dec. 3 – Jan. 7, 2018 IAA Traveling Photography Exhibit
- Dec. 3 – Jan. 7, 2018 IAA Traveling Photography Exhibit
- Jan. 7 – Mar. 25, 2018 7th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit
- Mar. 25 – May 27 Celebrate Irving: Regionalism Exhibit
- May 27 – July 1 Solo Artist or Group Exhibit
- July 1 – Sept. 30 IAA 6th Annual Summer Art Exhibit
- Sept. 30 – Nov. 22 Solo Artist or Group Exhibit
- Nov. 22 – Jan. 5, 2019 IAA 2nd Annual Traveling Photography Exhibit
- Jan. 5 – ? 8th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit
Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062
- Mar. 3 – Apr. 29 IAA 2018 Indian Folk Art Traveling Exhibit (Admin./Front Foyer)
- May 12 – June 9 33rd Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition. Main Gallery. Juror Lyle Novinski – Juror talk & Reception: Sat., March 31, 7 – 9 pm; Reception & Awards Ceremony: Sun., May 20. 2 pm – 5 pm
- July – Aug. tba 2018 IAA Winners’ Exhibit (Dupree Theater Lobby)
- Oct. – Nov. tba 2018 IAA Traveling Animal Art Exhibit (Admin./Front Foyer)
GALLERY SPACE RESERVATIONS
The larger east gallery may be reserved by outside artists or members, or art groups. A perk for IAA members only are free solo or group exhibits in the west gallery. To inquire about openings, contact email@example.com (next call for reservations will be in early 2018 for 2019 space.) If interested in West Library Exhibits (free), also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exhibits at Jaycee Park Center for the Arts include annual events sponsored by Irving Art Association:
- The Annual IAA Members Juried Exhibit, open to IAA members only, held in April & May.
- The Annual National Animal Art Show (combing the Annual Unconditional Love – Juried Pet Art Show and the Annual Wildlife Juried Art Competition) open to all, held in September.
- The Annual IAA Members Winter Art Show, an non-juried show open to all IAA members, usually held in December. (not restricted to holiday themes).
- New in 2017! the Annual IAA Photography Exhibit and the Annual Indian Folk Art Exhibit.
Artist of the Month: A free competition open to all IAA members. Bring your paintings to the meetings September through April. Winners will be displayed at the Center for a month and receive ribbons and prizes (usually Asel Art gift certificates).
Three other exhibits are held at the prestigious Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur:
- The annual Indian Folk Art Traveling Exhibition, held in March.
- The annual Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition, held in May & June, which draws from neighboring states also. Official website: TexasandNeighbors.com. Cosponsored by the Irving Arts Center.
- The annual IAA Members Winners exhibit, held in June or July, displaying winners from IAA’s annual juried members show, plus the challenge theme entries.
- The Annual Animal Art Traveling Exhibit, held in October and November.
ALTERNATIVE ART SPACES
Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP): CAAP program gives its member artists a unique opportunity to display their work in Irving. Venues include hospitals, retirement homes, and other local businesses and institutions. Interested artists can contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Irving Library: Sharon Giles and Susan Murray coordinate exhibits at the West Irving Library. They usually run two months and there is no fee to participate. For links to other art exhibits in Irving, see the Art Around Irving page.