Exhibits are held at our home gallery Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, and also at Irving Arts Center and the West Irving Library. We also offer opportunities at alternative gallery spaces through our Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP) at Irving businesses (see below).
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan, Irving TX 75061
Gallery hours: Mon., Wed., Thurs. & Sun. 1-4pm and Tues. 10:30-3:30 pm. Closed Fri. & Sat and City Holidays. Contact email@example.com to reserve space (next call for reservations will be in early 2017 for 2018 space.)
- Nov. 27, 2016 – Jan. 6, 2017 IAA Holiday Art Exhibit (East & West Galleries)
- Jan. 8 – 27 “For the Love of Color” by It’s Pink, Not Purple (East) “Fractured Sanctum” by Kathleen Ramirez (West)
- Jan. 29 – Feb. 24 Indian Folk Art Exhibit (East &West)
- Feb. 26 – March 24 Dallas Area Fiber Artists (DAFA) Fiber Arts Exhibit (East) http://www.dallasfiberartists.org/
Jim Duncan Watercolor Exhibit (West)
- Mar. 28 – May 5 Celebrate Irving Exhibit; April 4, 7 p.m. – Reception. (East & West Galleries)
- May7 – MAY 26 The work of artist Wanda Anderson (East); Floral Abundance IAA Exhibit (West)
- May 26 – June 23 52nd IAA Annual Juried Membership Exhibit; Reception & Awards Sunday, June 11 2-4pm (East & West Galleries)
- June 25 – July 26 Tuesday Painters Annual Exhibit (East );
VET Member Exhibit (West)
- July 30- Aug. 25 IAA Printmaking Exhibit (East);
IAA Board Annual Exhibit (West Gallery)
- Aug. 27 – Sept. 29 IAA Annual National Animal Juried Art Exhibit (East & West Galleries)
- Oct. 1- 27 IAA Youth and Family Exhibit (East);
IAA Open Art Exhibit Exhibit (West)
- Oct. 29- Dec. 1 IAA Photography (East & West Galleries)
- Dec. 3 – Jan. 5, 2018 Annual IAA Holiday Art Exhibit
West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062 (near the corner of Rochelle & Esters)
- Dec. 4, 2016 – Jan. 8, 2017 Patsy Lindamood Wildlife Art Exhibit
- Jan. 8 – Mar. 25 – 6th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit
- Mar. 25 – May 27 – Celebrate Irving Exhibit
- May 27 – June 24 – TBA (personal exhibit)
- June 24 – Oct. 1- 5th Annual IAA Summer Exhibit
- Oct. 1 – Dec. 3- TBA (personal exhibit)
- Dec. 3 – Jan. 7, 2018 IAA Traveling Photography Exhibit
Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062
- April 29 – June 3, 2017 32nd Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition; Juror Talk & Reception (Michael Holter) Sat., March 11 7:00-9:00pm; Reception & Awards Sun., April 30 2:00-5:00pm (Main Gallery)
- July 15 – Aug. 27 2017 IAA Winners’ Exhibit (Dupree Theater Lobby)
- Oct. 7 – Nov. 26 2017 IAA Traveling Animal Art Exhibit (Admin./Front Foyer)
GALLERY SPACE RESERVATIONS
The larger east gallery may be reserved by outside artists or members, or art groups. A perk for IAA members only are free solo or group exhibits in the west gallery. To inquire about openings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (next call for reservations will be in early 2017 for 2018 space.) If interested in West Library Exhibits (free), also contact email@example.com.
The exhibits at Jaycee Park Center for the Arts include annual events sponsored by Irving Art Association:
- The Annual IAA Members Juried Exhibit, open to IAA members only, held in April & May.
- The Annual Animal Art Show (combing the Annual Unconditional Love – Juried Pet Art Show and the Annual Wildlife Juried Art Competition) open to all, held in September.
- The Annual IAA Members Holiday Art Show, an non-juried show open to all IAA members, usually held in December. (not restricted to holiday themes).
- New in 2017! the Annual IAA Photography Exhibit.
Artist of the Month: A free competition open to all IAA members. Bring your paintings to the meetings September through April. Winners will be displayed at the Center for a month and receive ribbons and prizes (usually Asel Art gift certificates).
Three other exhibits are held at the prestigious Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur:
- The annual Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition, held in April & May, which draws from neighboring states also. Official website: TexasandNeighbors.com. Cosponsored by the Irving Arts Center.
- The annual IAA Members Winners exhibit, held in June or July, displaying winners from IAA’s annual juried members show, plus the challenge theme entries.
- The Annual Animal Art Traveling Exhibit, held in October and November.
ALTERNATIVE ART SPACES
Corporate Art Appreciation Program (CAAP): CAAP program gives its member artists a unique opportunity to display their work in Irving. Venues include hotels, retirement homes, the public library and other local businesses and institutions. Interested artists can contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
West Irving Library: Sharon Giles and Susan Murray coordinate exhibits at the West Irving Library. They usually run two months and there is no fee to participate. For links to other art exhibits in Irving, see the Art Around Irving page.