|SECTIONS: (scroll down)|
CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
IAA Winter Art Exhibit call for art – IAA members are invited to participate. (A new name – was the Holiday Art Exhibit).
The exhibit runs Dec. 3, 2017 through Jan. 5, 2018. Reception will be at the IAA Christmas Party on December 12. FREE to enter. Bring current work or work related to winter or holiday themes. Up to 3 larger pieces or 5 smaller ones on Sat., Dec. 2 from 10am – 2pm.
Contact: Susan Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.Artists in the show are also invited to participate in the 7th Annual IAA Winter Exhibit at the West Irving Library Jan. 7 – Mar. 25, 2018.
- Volunteers needed for the annual Christmas Card Workshops at the Irving Arts Center in December. Slots: Friday, Dec. 8 – Annual Open House 5:30 – 7:30 pm; Saturday afternoons from from 2 – 4 pm on Dec. 2, Dec. 9 and Dec. 16. Contact Michele at Michele.email@example.com to volunteer. Also donate supplies — drop off at the gallery: holiday wrapping, cards, stickers & ribbons.
- Join the contest! Make a holiday table centerpiece for the IAA Christmas Party Dinner on Dec. 12. Contact Susan Murray firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
- 2018 Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition call for entries http://texasandneighbors.com $9,000 in awards. Deadline: Feb. 15, 2018. Details TBA. Chair: Linda Shotwell email@example.com
- 2018 Indian Folk Art Exhibit call for entries. Deadline Jan. 8, 2018. REGISTER. Chair: Deepa Koshaley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers needed for the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White:
The Volunteer Services Department is seeking volunteers with a passion for the arts to join the Healing Arts Program providing opportunities to experience health and well-being by bringing literary, performing and visual arts to our patients, staff, and the communities we serve. Volunteers will provide the following services:
–Assist with art exhibitions at the hospital
–Bring an “art cart” to patients and family to spark art-making activities to reduce stress
–Help design materials used for the program
–Play music in the lobby or other areas of the hospital to provide a soothing environment
–Display the artwork created through the program
To learn more about the Healing Arts Program at Baylor Scott & White – Irving, or to volunteer for the program, please contact Abha Cole, Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 972-579-8149. Or go to bswhealth.com/irvingvolunteer to apply online. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, 1901 North MacArthur, Irving, Texas 75061 1-800-4BAYLOR
- Irving Farmers Markets 1st & 3rd Saturdays at the Irving Arts Center – for vendor applications visit http://fourseasonsmarkets.com/
CAAP call for more artwork – must be current IAA member. Change out or place your work at Baylor, Scott & White; the Remington in Valley Ranch or the Chateau on Wildbriar Lake.Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Murray at email@example.com if you would like to participate in this Corporate Art Appreciation Program project.
Volunteer instructors needed to share their art skills in IAA’s Friday Open Art Meet-up sessions. Contact Linda Shotwell or Sharon Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations will either be at 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday, Sept. – June, or occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the activity planned. Note: Artists, be sure to bring your entries for Artist of the Month by 6:45; meeting starts at 7pm ( for meetings held at the Jaycee Center). Guests are welcome.
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm IAA Christmas Party – Holiday Potluck
Bring a side dish or a desert – IAA will provide the main entry. Join the contest! Make a holiday table centerpiece for the IAA Christmas Party Dinner on Dec. 12. To participate in the optional gift exchange, bring a wrapped present under $25 in value (art-related is always good.). Contact Susan Murray email@example.com for questions about the festivities.
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- Dec. 3, 2017 – Jan. 4, 2018 IAA Winter Art Exhibit. (formerly called the Holiday Art Exhibit) in both galleries at Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. Reception: Dec. 12 at IAA Christmas Party.
- IAA Photography Exhibition. Until Dec. 1st at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts. The Traveling Exhibit will be at the West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062 Dec. 3, 2017 through Jan. 7, 2018.
- Oct. 7 – Jan. 2 IAA Annual Traveling Animal Art Exhibit in the Foyer & Halls at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur, Irving TX 75062. (the exhibit has been extended)
- The 25th Annual Holiday Exhibition and Tree Decorating Competition at the Irving Arts Center
IAA’s entry in the IAC tree contest- a Mexican Folk Art Tree
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
Register your child for the IAA Children’s Fall Program – classes start in October
Fall Schedule for 7-10 year olds: Time 2 – 4 pm
Fall Schedule for 11- 13 year olds: Time 2 -4 pm
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; about
- Dec.. 1 Open Art Friday: Coloring Book Party – FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all Open Art announcements, click here.
- Dec. 2 – IAA Christmas Card Workshop at the Irving Arts Center. Saturday afternoons in December 2-4pm. Volunteers needed: contact Michele at email@example.com
- Dec. 8 – Irving Arts Center Open House – IAA will do holiday crafts & face painting with kids. Volunteers needed: contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dec. 9 – IAA Christmas Card Workshop at the Irving Arts Center. Saturday afternoons in December 2-4pm. Volunteers needed: contact Michele at email@example.com
- Dec. 16 – IAA Christmas Card Workshop at the Irving Arts Center. Saturday afternoons in December 2-4pm. Volunteers needed: contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dec. 17 – Sunday Afternoon at the Art Gallery. Artists and Irving families invited. Hands-on projects. FREE! 2-4 pm contact email@example.com.
- January 4, 11, 18, 2018 FREE Basic Classes on Fiber Arts Instructor Laura Griffin REGISTER for Fiber Arts
- February 1, 8, 15 FREE Basic Classes on Gelli Printing Instructor Sharon Giles REGISTER for Gelli Printing (acrylic printmaking)
- Feb. 20 – 22 Michael Holter Watercolor Workshop: Bringing Life to Your Landscape
- March 1, 8, 15 FREE Basic Classes on Oil & Acrylic Painting Instructor Jane Kahler REGISTER for Oil & Acrylic Painting
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (1st, 2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Sunday Open Art (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
At the Irving Arts Center, 3333 North MacArthur Blvd. Irving, TX 75062: The 25th Annual Holiday Exhibition and Tree Decorating Competition BAM! It’s a Picture Book: The Art behind Graphic Novels
At the North Lake College Gallery
NLC Student Photography Show Nov 13 – Dec 7
At the Haggerty Art Gallery, University of Dallas
Drone Bueys: Adam Fung and Nick Bontrager
November 17, 2017 to January 21, 2018
Membership year runs
- Contacts: Office Phone 972-721-2488 – email firstname.lastname@example.org –
for officers go to the Contacts page.
- Latest IAA NEWSLETTER click here
- CALENDAR: Exhibits * Meetings * Workshops
- PHOTO ALBUM – A photo view of IAA events. Email photos to email@example.com
- Join IAA, the most active art association in the metroplex with the most benefits. Time to join or renew: Membership Page.