CALLS FOR ENTRY / OPPORTUNITIES more
Volunteers needed for the IAA Board. We’re looking for a few good men and women…this organization can’t exist without good leadership and volunteers. Please contact IAA President Linda Shotwell ASAP at email@example.com
- 2017 62nd Annual IAA Members Juried Exhibit call for entries. Your choice of online registration (deadline May 25) or registration at intake on May 27 like last years’ show. $2,000 in awards.
Exhibit Space – call for IAA Members The IAA Board is now doing exhibit space planning for 2018: Solo or group exhibits in the West (small) Gallery are a perk for members, so please send us your request for an exhibit ASAP. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org a description of your intended exhibit, participating artists, some images, and your preferred month: January, March, May or July.
We also have two open slots for larger exhibits in the East (large) Gallery: dates TDB. For those we’re looking for major or established artists or groups. Requests will be considered by the Board.
West Irving Library exhibit call – IAA members, we have solo or group exhibit slots open for 2017: May 27 – June 24 and Oct. 1 – Dec. 3, 2017. Approximately 27 – 28 works of art in various sizes may be hung. Most should weigh under 5 lbs., with only a few spaces for works up to 10 lbs. If your work is 3D there is also the possibility of exhibiting in the glass cabinets at the Library. Contact the IAA Board at email@example.com to apply for the opportunity.
- Place your art in Irving locations! Contact CAAP Chair Frankie Sieloff Couch at 972-255-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in the Corporate Art Appreciation Program.
- Looking for other artist calls around DFW? Check ArtNewsDFW.com’s art competition calls, other opportunities, and the Art Deadlines Calendar. For small craft fairs, check DFW Craft Shows.
- Meetings & Demonstrations are held on the 4th Tuesday at 6:45pm, September through May. Guests are welcome.
- April 29th Awards & Reception for 32nd Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition at the Irving Arts Center 7-9pm
- April 25 Sara Joseph – Polymer Clay demonstration www.christian-artist-resource.com/
EXHIBITS / EVENTS more
- Mar. 26 – May 5 Celebrate Irving Exhibit; April 2, 2-4 p.m. – Reception. (East & West Galleries)
- Mar. 26 – May 28 – Celebrate Irving Exhibit at the West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Blvd, Irving TX 75062 (near the intersection of Esters and Rochelle).
- April 29 – June 3, 2017 32nd Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition; Reception & Awards Sun., April 30 2:00-5:00pm Held at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 Main Gallery)
WORKSHOPS / CLASSES / ACTIVITIES more
- TUESDAYS Tuesday Painters FREE group hours: 10:30am – 3:30pm; contact email@example.com about
- April 5,12, 19, 26 Jim Duncan Watercolor Classes. Wed. evenings. To register, contact Jim at jimduncanwatercolor@yahoo.
- April 6, 13 & 27 Pen & Ink & Lettering with Angie Vangalis 7-9pm cancelled
- April 7 Open Art Friday: Coloring Book Party – FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For group project announcements, click here.
- April 8 Recycle Art Workshop with Patsi Davila 12 noon – 3:00 pm $25 IAA Members/$30 nonmembers REGISTER & PAY by PayPAL – click here OR email Patsi at email@example.com. – pay by check or cash
- April 9 Open Art Sunday: cancelled
- April 13, 20, 27 FREE Basic Classes on Oil & Acrylic– Instructor Jane Kahler 7-9pm on Thursdays. registration CLOSED
- April 14 Open Art Friday: Photo to Canvas – with an Art Projector Supplies required. FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For group project announcements, click here.
- April 14, 21, 28 Drawing with Rueben Contreras. Friday evenings. To register, contact Rueben at email@example.com or 682-241-0053
- April 22 Copic Art Club . Contact Instructor Laura Griffin to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 28 Open Art Friday: Hand-cutting Stencils. Supplies required. FREE! – contact email@example.com. For group project announcements, click here.
- May 4, 11, 18 FREE Basic Class on Spinning & Knitting
instructor Ameda Holmes REGISTER
- May 5 Open Art Friday: Coloring Book Party – FREE! All ages welcome – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For group project announcements, click here.
- May 12 Open Art Friday: Did someone say Culinary Art? Supplies required. FREE! All ages welcome – contact email@example.com. For group project announcements, click here.
- May 13 Acrylic/WC Mixed Media Flowers Workshop with Sharon Giles. For information, supply list and registration, click here.
- June 1, 8, 15 FREE Basic Class on Watercolor
instructor Jim Duncan REGISTER
FREE PAINTING & ART ACTIVITY GROUPS – Tuesday Painters (weekly), Open Art Night (1st, 2nd & 4th Friday eve.), Sunday Open Art (3rd Sun. afternoon) about
Membership year runs
- Contacts: Office Phone 972-721-2488 – email firstname.lastname@example.org –
for officers go to the Contacts page.
- Latest IAA NEWSLETTER click here
- CALENDAR: Exhibits * Meetings * Workshops
- PHOTO ALBUM – A photo view of IAA events. Email photos to email@example.com
- New Page – MEMBER NEWS – MEMBER NEWS NEEDED email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join IAA, the most active art association in the metroplex with the most benefits. Time to join or renew: Membership Page.